Back in August, we attended the D23 Expo in Anaheim. It was a weekend filled with good times, good friends, and a lot of John Carter propaganda. For those of you who weren’t there (and for those who were and want to take a trip down memory lane), I present the Top 10 Things I Learned at the D23 Expo 2012.
10) There are lines before lines to get into lines.
9) Disney fans have no problem striking up conversations with other Disney fans, even though they would ignore each other anywhere else
8) Twitter and Facebook are great tools to get seats saved in line with other Disney Challenge players.
7) Disney can and will beat you to death with a sneak peak of a movie they really want to push.
6) You can bring out the biggest celebrities in the world and they will not get the applause that Kermit & Rolf get.
5) Just because it’s the happiest place on earth doesn’t mean the guests are happy.
4) It costs $40 to get Lando’s autograph, and Dave will pay $42
3) Disney fans have no idea there is a recession going on and may be the kick start the economy needs.
2) Stopping for tacos will make you miss a very popular seminar.
1) I am now 100% convinced that Bob Iger is the most advanced audio animatronic WDI has ever created.
~Written by Dave Mancini, Event Crew Member