The Disney Challenge Rules
The Rules for The Disney Challenge are divided into three parts.
- The first part, “Important Rules” (listed below), is an overview of general information about forming a team and playing The Disney Challenge.
- The second part, the “Official Rules”, is a document emailed to the team captains upon completion of the team registration process. Specific information including how to play, question types, specific rules, and the location of the Starting Line are contained within that document. (You can view each year’s Official Rules in the “Past Challenges” section of this website to get a better understanding of them, especially if you have never played before).
- The third part, the “Rules Overview”, includes general information on that year’s challenge and is included in The Challenge Packet.
Although the rules for The Disney Challenge change slightly from year to year, the following is a list of current and important rules you will need to know before considering participating.
Team registration requires a nominal donation. (Currently $40 for Regular Challenges and $25 for Mini Challenges.) 100% of this donation is used to bring you The Disney Challenge. (Prizes, production costs, web hosting, etc.) The Disney Challenge is a not-for-profit activity and no one on the Event Crew gets compensated for their time and effort. (Just hopefully thanked by you.)
The Disney Challenge is a team event. Teams must consist of 3, 4, or 5 team members 10 years of age or older to play. Anyone with your team during the hours of The Disney Challenge must be a registered team member or under the age of 10. (Children under the age of 10 can accompany your team but cannot be registered team members.) No one may accompany or meet up with your team during the time of The Disney Challenge who is not a registered team member.
At the start of The Disney Challenge, each teams is given 1 Challenge Packet containing The Disney Challenge Game Sheet itself. Other misc. items may be included within the Challenge Packet to be used that day.
- The Disney Challenge itself (sometimes referred to as the “Game Sheet”) is a multi-page written test with questions ranging from very easy to very hard. Questions are usually worth from 1-5 points each based on difficulty and yes, partial credit is awarded for partially correct answers. The game will span the park, or area it is played within, as well as test your knowledge of random Disney Trivia; however, it is most of all a test of how well your team can work together. Keep this in mind when you are making decisions and strategizing.
- Once the Challenge begins, no member of your team may leave the designated playing area for any reason. Leaving the designated playing area during the hours of The Disney Challenge (usually between 10am and 4pm) will result in your team’s disqualification.
- All members of your team must be present at the designated start time and location to receive their Challenge Packet. All members of your team must be present at the Finish Line for your Challenge Packet to be turned in and scored.
- The Disney Challenge is intended to be a fun and team-building experience for all involved. Please use good sportsmanship and courtesy to other Challengers, Crew Members, Cast Members, and especially Park Guests that day. Cheating, using an unfair advantage such as outside help and any other unsportsmanlike or un-Disney-like conduct will not be tolerated and may result in disqualification and perhaps ejection from the park.
- Unless you have a legitimate physical limitation, no front of line passes will be allowed. Many of the questions from the attractions can be found in the queue areas so you might be doing yourself a disservice by jumping the line.
- Once you receive the Challenge Packet, you may not show it or its contents to anyone not associated with The Disney Challenge unless specifically notated on the challenge itself.
- Each team must have 1 Digital Camera with video capability (a Camera Phone is ok) to complete specific portions of The Disney Challenge. You will need to designate 1 and only 1 camera for this section. (More on this will be explained in The Official Rules.)
- Once you (or your team captain) receive the Registration Complete email, please read all of the Official Rules before playing The Disney Challenge. All information about the question types, points, scoring system, crossing the Finish Line, and anything else you need to know to play and win is contained within these rules.
- The Awards Ceremony usually takes place 2-3 hours after the completion of The Disney Challenge (around 7pm). This gives the Event Crew time to score the Challenges and the team members a much needed break. 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and other award winners are announced, prizes are awarded, and some of the more unusual answers are revealed.
- Be prepared for anything. Get together ahead of time with your team to strategize. Think about what you will need that would benefit you in playing The Disney Challenge and working together as a team.
- The object of The Disney Challengeis not to be the first to complete the Challenge; it is to score the most total points (Regular and Secret Bonus Points). Think about this when deciding which questions to spend the most amount of time and effort on.
- Drink plenty of water the day of the Challenge. Some teams get so involved they become dehydrated.
- Bring snacks or take a lunch break. This is a great time to rest a bit, refuel and rethink your strategy. (Reservations at The Blue Bayou or Carthay Circle are not recommended for lunch!)
- Bring supplies you might need for a scavenger hunt such as pens, pencils, clipboards, scratch paper, etc. (Experienced and winning teams bring all kinds of stuff. Think about this when you are preparing for The Disney Challenge.)
- Wear comfortable shoes and be prepared for any type of weather.
- When answering questions be as specific as possible!
- Come prepared to make some new friends and HAVE FUN!
Registration Terms and Conditions
- Registration opens at 12:01am on the first day of registration. Teams must register no later than midnight on the last day of registration to participate in The Disney Challenge.
- Teams must consist of 3-5 players, and at least 3 team members’ names must given at time of registration.
- Player 1 will be the Team Captain and contact person for their team and as such, an email address and cell phone number is required for that player.
- Upon completion of the team registration process, a final confirmation email will be sent to Player 1 with a more detailed Official Rules document, including instructions on where to meet on the Challenge date along with other important information and rules.
- Registered team members may be eliminated or substituted as long as the team does not drop below 3 players. If a player is being eliminated or substituted, please notify us at email@example.com at least 24 hours before the start of the challenge. (If an elimination or substitution is made within 24 hours of the challenge, please arrive early at the designated meet area, and notify a crew member before the start of the Challenge.)
- The registration donation is non refundable. Any cancellation or infraction of The Disney Challenge Rules that result in disqualification will cause an automatic forfeiture of your registration donation.
- Registration donations and processing will be handled through Pay Pal, and Visa and Master Card are accepted.
Please understand that The Disney Challenge is a Not for Profit, Fan Based Activity. We make absolutely no money off the donations collected because 100% of all donations are used to pay for the operating and running costs of bringing The Disney Challenge to you. We are asking for a small donation per team to play ($40 for Regular Challenges and $25 for Mini Challenges) and we greatly appreciate the support.
Register To Play
Now that you have read and agreed to The Disney Challenge Rules and the Registration Terms and Conditions, you are ready to register. Here’s how:
Step 1: Go to Register A Team and complete the registration form. Press the “Submit” button at the bottom.
Step 2: After you see the words “Message Sent” click on the “Buy Now” PayPal button to make the registration donation.
Step 3: Within 24 hours of completing steps 1 & 2, a confirmation email will be sent to you containing the Rules Overview document. The location of the starting line, as well as other useful information is contained within this document.
Step 4: Show up at the Starting Line 1 hour prior to the start time on the day of The Disney Challenge and have fun!